There are many ways that you can get your child ready for school and there are things that we would appreciate you practicing before September to encourage independence.
- Encourage your child to try and dress themselves independently. This includes coat and shoes.
- If you child can't tie their shoe laces, we suggest velcro shoes to make things easier for them.
- Help your child know how to toilet, wipe their nose and wash their hands independently.
- Practice using utensils to eat independently at lunch time.
- Supporting children to listen and tune into sounds around them can help them to prepare for phonics as they enter reception. Try introducing listening walks, musical instrument games, songs and rhymes into your daily routines.
Below are some useful links and videos for you and your child to look at together to help them feel confident coming into school