It’s shoebox time!
Operation Christmas Child is the world’s largest children’s Christmas project – sending gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need around the world since 1990.
Right now, thousands of schoolchildren from across the UK are busy wrapping, packing and filling shoeboxes with great little gifts for children in need overseas.
What’s more, these shoeboxes provide a special connection between two children in the world – transcending boundaries of culture, nationality, and geography; bridging a gap between a child who has something to give, and a child who can’t wait to receive it.
The deadline for receiving shoeboxes is November 18th. Doing a shoebox is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Get hold of an empty shoebox, wrapping paper and little gifts – and make-up your shoebox, including the boy/girl label on the lid
3. Take your shoebox into school, where it will be collected on/around November 18.
That’s your shoebox taken care, but that isn’t the end!
- You can take a photo of yourself and your shoebox and upload it onto our giant mosaic.
- You can watch a live webcast of shoeboxes being distributed to children in early December.
- You can look out for your Thank You email with details of which country your shoebox was sent to.
*Parents could you please have your shoeboxes in by the 14th November. Thank you.