Jacquie and Jan from Walton Childrens Centre are currently running The Nurture Programme parenting course every Monday morning. We are happy to be able to offer such a beneficial course to our families to help give a few extra skills to helpt them have a more harmonious home and ideas how to manage behaviour and challenging situations.
2015 research showed:
- On average 8 out of 10 parents attending groups report significant improvements in their children’s behaviour and family life.
- A significant reduction in conduct problems and hyperactivity
- The programme is highly effective in improving mental health outcomes for both children and their parents
- A reduction in the proportion of children with clinical levels of difficulties
- Increase in levels of self-efficacy in 8 dimensions of parenting: emotion and affection, play and enjoyment, empathy and understanding, control, discipline and boundary setting, pressures of parenting, self-acceptance and learning and knowledge
- Parent Group Leaders report an improvement in children’s behaviour and emotional and mental health; more parents entering education, training
If you require further information please contact Dave or Nicci or call Jan or Jacqui at Walton Childrens Centre on:
: 99 Cavendish Dr, Liverpool L9 1NB