Here is a brief overview of this term's topics and their Geography links:
Nursery - Talking Animals!
In Nursery we are learning about some traditional tales. We will be taking a trip to Rice Lane City Farm in our local environment.
Reception - Spring Awake!
Reception will be continuing to learn about seasonal changes and looking for signs of Spring!
Year 1 - Poles Apart
- Use world maps, atlases and globes to identify the continents of the world.
- Identify the location of hot and cold countries in relation to the Equator and North and South Poles
Year 2 - Wonder Women
- Use world maps, atlases and globes to identify the UK and its countries.
Year 3 -Transport
- To locate a range of localities using local and world maps, identifying transport links
- To identify different modes of transport and their uses
- To investigate the most popular types of transport in the local area
- To look at the location of airports and their key features
Year 4 - The World's Kitchen
- To use maps and atlases to locate continents, oceans and countries and capital cities around the world
- To learn about traditional cuisines which belong to different countries
- To know where our food comes from and how it arrives in our country
Year 5 - Mexico and the Mayans
- To use maps, atlases and globes to locate Mexico
- To describe the differences between Mexico and the UK e.g. climate, time zones, food, population, religion and homes
- To understand what attracts people to holiday in Mexico
Year 6 - Disaster!
- To use maps, atlases and globes to locate volcanoes and fault lines and identify countries most severely affected by volcanoes
- To understand how a volcano is formed and why it erupts
- To describe and understand the impact of volcanic eruptions on human settlements
Some useful websites!
Just for year 5!
Coming soon: Fieldwork Fortnight!
Watch this space for pictures and descriptions of what all the got up to during this new, exciting project!